In partnership with the City of Hartford Health & Human Services and Hartford Public Library, ConnnectiCare, Inc & Affiliates will be holding an interactive health event called “Healthy Hartbeat” on Tuesday, October 14th at 4pm-7pm at the Hartford Public Library in Downtown Hartford. The goal is to educate the Hartford community with regard to the health insurance enrollment process; the value of having and knowing how to use health insurance; and the importance of taking charge for maintaining good health. This event is planned as follows.
- “Picture of Health” photo booth for folks to take free pictures for fun
- A video presentation to help educate the community with regard to the importance of health insurance and how it works.
- A video presentation for current Hartford area exchange ConnectiCare members for guidance on how to maximize use of their plans.
- Access Health CT will provide a mini presentation about what to expect for upcoming enrollment process in the health insurance exchange.
- There will be several providers and organizations that will provide information to adults and have activities for the children about the importance of maintaining good health.
- Several raffles for gifts.
- Light snacks and refreshments.
Organizations that have committed:
- Access Health CT
- Charter Oak Health Center
- Community Health Services
- St Francis Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
- Community Health Network
- Yoga in Downtown
- Shop Rite Nutritionist (activity for children)
- Hispanic Health Council/SNAP-ED (activity for children)
If you have questions please contact:
Community Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
ConnnectiCare, Inc & Affiliates