SINA is a partnership between the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, Hartford Hospital and Trinity College to work cooperatively with community stakeholders to restore economic vitality and improve the quality of life for the benefit of the people who live, work, visit, study and play in the neighborhoods of South Central Hartford.
SINA is carrying out an economic development planning process that includes a technical analysis of economic development possibilities in the SINA neighborhoods and a participatory process that engages stakeholders in identifying community and institutional needs and in setting priorities for development.
A consultant, Peter Kwass Consulting, has been selected to conduct the technical analysis. This part of the planning process is well underway. SINA is seeking qualifications from consultants for the participatory process. The participatory planning consultant will work closely with Peter Kwass consulting and SINA staff. It is expected that this will be a four month engagement although it may extend through the 2014 calendar year. If interested please email Melvyn Colon at email@example.com.
TASKS TO BE CARRIED OUT BY CONSULTANT
- Conduct outreach with key stakeholders including policy-makers, elected officials, neighborhood organizations and others
- Assist consultant in data gathering from community constituencies and institutions
- Design and implement a community participatory process
- Organize, facilitate and document community meetings to identify needs and priorities for economic development
- Develop an online platform (blog, social media, etc.) to provide information and solicit participation
- Experience with planning processes that incorporate multi-stakeholder input. This could be strategic planning, NRZ planning, etc.
- Experience with community outreach. Preferred qualifications include several years of outreach experience using multiple modes of outreach
- Experience in meeting facilitation
- General knowledge of economic development strategies
- Familiarity with Harford. Prefer familiarity with Hartford’s south central neighborhoods
- Experience with online communications platforms
- Bilingual. Fluency in Spanish
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Attention to detail
If interested please email Melvyn Colon at firstname.lastname@example.org.